Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's starting to come together...

We have a ceremony site, a reception site, and a photographer!

The ceremony site, the First Congregational Church of Gray, is where my parents and maternal grandparents (along with a slew of other relatives) were married. It really means a lot to me that Pat and I will be able to continue that tradition.

I'm excited about the reception venue. The Mariner's Church was declared a National Landmark by the Smithsonian Institute in 1973. I like the historical aspect and I love the location right in the heart of Portland's Old Port. I'm not a huge fan of their Web site, so here are some pictures my cousin Chelle took when she and my parents went to see it:

Chelle went to a reception at the site last summer, which is how Pat and I found out about it in the first place, so we've been able to see some photos of it all done up for an actual reception, too.

I can't believe it's more than a year away. It feels like forever!

No comments: