Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Engaged!

I suppose this isn't exactly about my adventures as a Texas transplant, but since it happened during our first-ever trip to Houston, I'm gonna put it here anyway. :)

Pat and I got engaged! Finally! ;)

As some people already know, I had set a date and had dropped several other hints over the last few months *cough*years*cough* (hey, we first looked at rings in December of 2005; I was getting impatient, what can I say?!). So, last week I told Pat that a great anniversary gift would be to get me an attractive looking binder to use as my wedding planning binder (the hints just keep coming! Besides, at that point, I knew he had the ring, so I figured it was safe to assume that we were in fact on for June 13, 2009).

An aside: tomorrow is our 5 year/7.5 year anniversary. So you can see why I was getting impatient. Maybe?

When we got to our hotel in Houston on Saturday, Pat told me to close my eyes for anniversary gift time and I thought, "here it is, I'm getting engaged!" Instead, I opened my eyes to discover he'd really gotten me a pretty binder (2, actually, because he thinks I'll outgrow one pretty fast. He's probably right.), along with sheet protectors and dividers. There was a card that I assumed would probably be hysterical because we only do funny cards, never sentimental. And I though to myself, "okay, I guess it'll happen on our actual anniversary or maybe next month in Milwaukee. Fine." I opened the card and saw this:

Complete with reply card (in the background are my binders):

And of course, this:

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

ps, AWESOME, FABULOUS, GORGEOUS :)

Congratulations!!