Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trish in Austin

So we finally arrived at our home-sweet-home and learned about even more amenities (including a furnished guest house that will fit six comfortably for $99/night *hint hint*wink wink* and a pet sitter that has a relationship with the complex) and I got to see it for the first time. It's perhaps even better than I thought it would be. Eventually, I'll post pictures, but after six weeks (I guess it's a little weird that I'm writing in the past tense about the move but back-dating the posts, sorry 'bout that) we still aren't done moving in. Once classes started, it just dropped way down on the priority list, which has been hard to deal with. I'm the kind of person who unpacks for a trip as soon as she walks through the door. I do not like for things to be in boxes. But, I digress. Back to Trish's time here with us!

That night we ate a BBQ place picked by Trish: Artz Rib House. She picked it because the review said it had vegetarian fare. My grilled veggies were absolutely delicious, but even better was the pecan sweet potato pie we had for dessert. Hot damn.

On Tuesday, we squeezed in as much Austin goodness and touristy times as we could because Trish was leaving Wednesday while I was at Orientation. We went on a Duck Tour (I highly recommend them), ate at the Iron Cactus (where they make the guac right in front of you!), toured a little of UT's campus, and hit up the pool at our apartment complex. Then, we hit the town. Sixth Street is the bar/club/music scene in downtown Austin. We went to a bar called The Library that I actually really liked. Then we hit up B.D. Riley's and Daddy's. It was an excellent night.

No comments: